Randstad Sr Manager (Engineering) in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Sr Manager (Engineering)
salary:$52 per hour
date posted:Thursday, February 7, 2019
industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Sr Manager (Engineering)
The Sr. Manager will be responsible for the overall delivery of enterprise services that touch all aspects of technology (PKI), and secure connectivity environments (TLS/SSL/etc.). In this capacity, the Sr. Manager will perform discovery, business case development, and definition of client issues, and design, document and present corresponding technical solutions. Responsibilities will include the building of successful teams, delivery of always-improving technology and service, and developing people. As such, the Sr. Manager should possess the knowledge and skills to design and develop world-class solutions using leading-edge technologies, and passionate employees and peers.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Leadership and Strategy
· Planning, managing and participating in the diagnosis (current state), detailed design (future state) and deployment of security processes and technologies
· Assist the office in strategic security engineer planning and optimization, budget forecasting, process implementation, and integration
· Manage and oversee the implementation of technology infrastructure security standards
· Collaborate closely with other teams; find and leverage subject matter experts for required technical or business needs
· Verify the security architecture implementation conforms with enterprise blueprints
· Keep abreast of new and emerging technologies, perform evaluation, and make recommendations to leadership team for incorporation into architectural vision
· Participate in yearly budget planning, collect and refine project-specific budget
· Facilitate teams in installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all security-related components
· Assist in recruiting, training, and forming teams for security development
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year university degree or college diploma in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems / Armed Service Related Experiences / 8-10 years field specific work experience
· Network, Security, and/or Vendor Certifications
· Cloud Experience: AWS/GCP/Azure
· CISSP, CEH, or other pertinent security certifications.
skills: Knowledge & Experience (Preferred)
· 10+ years of experience in the IT industry, with specific expertise in network security
· 10+ years of experience in network security
· Experience with federal, state and other regulations governing healthcare information (e.g., HIPAA)
· Strong Experience with PKI and Certificate management in enterprise environment.
· Delivery of automation and other development related projects.
· Comprehension of Firewall Changes and Rules.
· Capability to define services, set expectations, and implement enterprise services
· Strong partnership and communication capabilities with other enterprise service owners
· Experience with Venafi, Tufin, Entrust MSO, Digicert or Symantec Certificate Authorities, and Microsoft CAs
· Strong comprehension of encryption, cipher-suites, and certificates.
· Ability to provide best-practices with certificates handling and automation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.