Randstad Test Project/Program (Design) Manager Level 2 - 22072 in Mequon, Wisconsin
Test Project/Program (Design) Manager Level 2 - 22072
SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSITION:
Manages product development test projects or programs focused on the delivery of a product through the development test process, and into a finished state for release to external customers.
Plans test programs/projects, schedules, and budgets.
Executes test programs/projects.
Monitors the product test program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters and resolving issues.
Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product test program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
• Leads formulation of test programs for complex new programs.
• Gains approval of product qualification and system test plans based on Product Requirements and with inputs from project technical, certification and quality leads.
• Create schedules and budgets for product qualification and system test programs/projects.
• Drive execution of product qualification and system test programs/projects.
• Plans for and drives implementation of test set-ups for product qualification and system tests.
• Drives development of required product and system test procedures.
• Facilitates investigation and resolution of problems encountered in test programs/projects.
• Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in test programs/projects through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
• Drive completion of required test program/project documentation as specified by the Common Product Development Processes, and with the product and system test process requirements.
• Must keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test program and system design.
• Receives instruction in the form of objectives and process to achieve goals on day-to-day work. Receives detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Identifies and suggests new methods and procedures to enhance test execution efficiency.
• Collaborates with project managers on assigned projects to drive timely project deliverables per the Common Product Development process.
• Drives new methods processes and procedures to enhance test execution efficiency.
• Collaborates with progam and project managers on assigned projects to drive timely project deliverables per the Common Product Development process.
• Acquires and coordinates assignment and work of 3rd party test resources.
• Ability to work as a project team leader for the test organization within Rockwell
• Ability to embrace change and drive common process within the test organization.
• Ability to lead and indirectly supervise testers within the group.
• Adapts to change by identifying needs, adjusting, and working with RA and 3rd party resources as appropriate to implement initiatives.
• Must contribute to the oversight of the activities of any non-exempt personnel including training.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures.
• Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies.
• Travels domestically and internationally as required to meet the requirements of assigned projects.
• Gain and maintain the support of stakeholders and decision makers required to achieve product quality goals.
• Drives activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the development, test, and project management organizations.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related engineering discipline
• Minimum 2 years experience in Product or System Testing or in other Testing/Quality Assurance role.
• Familiarity with industrial control equipment is required.
• Experience planning and scheduling product development or product/system test activities is desired.
• Knowledge of hardware and/or software test methodologies is desired.
• Familiarity with 508C, UL DAP and ISO17025 requirements is desired.
• Understanding of ISO 61800-5-1 for CE compliance testing is desired.
• Understanding of ENG: 800-3 EMC test techniques is desired.
• Progress towards Project Management Professional Certification is desired.
Job Ref: 22072