Randstad Splunk Engineer in Windsor, Connecticut
salary:$44 per hour
date posted:Thursday, December 6, 2018
industry:Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
Administer and monitor Splunk environment across all environments
Onboarding new data as well as new customers to Spunk. Work with new customers to ensure they are getting the most out
of the data and help design new applications for their specific use.
Build or write scripts to manage monitoring of systems and dashboards using any one or more of the following;
Install, upgrade, and support multi-tiered management software products on Linux, Unix, and/or Windows platforms.
Manage configurations and tuning to meet performance objectives.
Troubleshoot infrastructure issues in conjunction with application, infrastructure, and vendor groups.
Document installations, changes, and configurations
Mentoring other engineers within the organization on the capabilities and technical knowledge of the Splunk
location: Windsor, Connecticut
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
· Experience using or supporting centralized logging infrastructure -Splunk
· Experience with Splunk ITSI
· Knowledge of statistical modeling for anomaly, ML and outlier detection
· Splunk enterprise architecture, integration and deployment experience
· Experience onboarding
· 2+ years Splunk experience building dashboards and performing analytical searches within the Splunk application.
· Experience with virtual technology, such as VMWare ESX. Experience with OS environment running one or more databases
including SQL or Oracle desirable.
· Previous application development coding, debugging, testing and delivery into a production environment are highly
· A solid understanding of compute performance metrics and tools is highly desirable
· At least two (2) years of Linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH)
· At least two (2) years of hands-on experience in IT systems administration on Windows and UNIX platforms (Red Hat
Linux, Solaris, AIX or equivalent)
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least two, typically four or more years experience in all phases of infrastructure network management or its equivalent in education and work experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.